Saturday, January 10, 2004

Jobless But Not Taskless

So, I'm without employment again. I got a business card from one of the customers that I met. He is the president of some marketing company and I'll just have to see if there is anything that he can do.

In the meantime, I have come up with a new creative writing idea. I had joked in the past about a movie about my continuing adventures with Jason. Well, I have come up with an idea for a movie script. I have developed the whole story and now with my free time I can get to work on writing the script. It may amount to nothing or could lead to fortune and fame. It seems that the traditional routes to success are not open to me and I will have to blaze my own path.

I found this great quote while reading about a certain comedienne/actress:

"Many people feel that mass acceptance and smooth socialization are desirable life paths for a young adult... Many people are often wrong... Don't bother being nice. Being popular and well liked is not in your best interest. Let me be more clear; if you behave in a manner pleasing to most, then you are probably doing something wrong. The masses have never been arbiters of the sublime, and they often fail to recognize the truly great individual. Taking into account the public's regrettable lack of taste, it is incumbent upon you not to fit in."
-Janeane Garofalo

No comments: