Thursday, January 22, 2004

Beware of Bulletproof, Killer Dog

I have taken a break from the creative outlets. I have just recently restrung the Les Paul and it sounds amazing. However, I have no desire to play guitar right now. I have reached a temporary stopping point with the script as I am thinking about whether or not I want the next scene in my head to be the next scene in the movie. I have thought of other actors and songs that I do want to bring it to life on the screen and I firmly believe that people will be very happy with the choices.

One of my best friends contacted me from the frozen tundra of NYC and asked if I would be interested in taking care of his boss' sister's pitbull. This is the following correspondence:

"Yo! My boss asked me about you last night. Her sister has a pit bull that she needs taken care of for a while. Kate new[sic] you lived in the Tampa area and was curious to know if you would be interested in taking care of her. The dog is apparently very calm and nice unlike a traditional pit bull. I thought I would write if you were interested or not let me know. Good talking to you last night by the way.
Have Fun,
Tim"

My response:

Dear Tim,

I will not be able to take care of a dog that, as of yet, has not chewed a child's face off. I detest pit bulls with extreme passion as they are horrible animals, despite what their owners say. There is also the matter of fleas and having to take it outside to dump and picking the poo up. I don't like my own poo, let alone those from a child eating mammal. Oh, look. A little hand.

He really didn't have a reply for that response. When I was reading the news a couple of days later, I came across this article on local6.com, an Orlando newschannel web site:

"Authorities are still searching Jan 19 for the owner of a pit bull terrier that attacked two women and a man in Orange County, Fla., and survived being shot in the head, according to Local 6 News. The women were walking in a neighborhood on Lee Avenue off Orange Blossom Trail when they were attacked. Someone shot the dog in head but the dog survived and attacked another man in the area before being caught."

I think I made the right decision. Bulletproof, killer dogs are not welcome at Casa Grinch.

The song that I cannot get enough of is Special Needs by Placebo. If you look at the lyrics, it's kind of funny how they talk about getting a movie deal. I have found the perfect scene in the movie to use this wonderful song. Give it a listen and if you have Winamp, the video for it is available in the videos section of the Winamp site.

No comments: