Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Creative Writing & Ultimate Home Theatre Sound

So, the movie script is just chugging right along. Having never written one before, I had to look around on the Internet to see what would be the proper format and to get an idea of about how long a motion picture script is. Thank goodness for the Rushmore site with its downloadable script.

I have told a few people that I'm writing a script and the usual reaction is one of no reaction at all. Jason is excited and my two other best friends, Jason and Matt like the idea. Tim was nice enough to compliment me on my writing talent from the things that he has seen in the past. I really appreciated that.

It seems that there are two jobs that I'm definitely going for. One pays a lot of money and the other is something that I'm already quite familiar with. I will go after both with equal vigor to see what happens.

Being unemployed has some perks but I'd rather be doing something that takes advantage of my talents. I know that my car is not going to be around much longer. My dream car is just sitting out there or is in some talented engineer's mind waiting to be created. It seems that by the time I get a real job is close to when the car will actually be in production and I will be able to afford it.

A home theatre is truly something to be had. My home theatre was just recently completed and I am truly happy with the results. My only regret is that I don't live far enough away from people to fully appreciate the dynamic sound. So far, my Lord of the Rings DVD has the best sound with a shootout scene from Ronin coming in second. Whenever I play a movie there is the lingering fear that the police will be knocking on my door.

No comments: