Thursday, March 06, 2003

Going Outside Is Overrated

I have been playing Metal Gear Solid 2 for the past four days almost continuously. It wasn't until today that I was actually able to stop myself in an effort to exercise some sort of self-control; so far I am winning. Newly liberated, I actually took the time to go outside for the first time in just as many days. It didn't have anything to do with the video game, only the fact that I have become a hermit. Until this afternoon, the closest I had come to going outside is when I'd say goodbye to Lucy in the morning.

In an effort to curb my anti-social behavior, I decided that I would actually check the mail today as my magazines should be arriving soon. Going to the bathroom and sitting on your throne just isn't the same experience when you don't have quality reading material. Alas, there were no magazines waiting for me, but there was a bumper crop of moronic people at the mailboxes. I got to see who has the mailbox below mine, a rather attractive blonde girl, who decided that she would read her mail right there while I patiently waited for access to my box. Her male, significant other pointed out that I was waiting and she moved out of my way. Then the guy decided to stand right in front of the garbage can preventing me from being able to dispose of my junk mail. After all these annoyances, the guy tried to strike up a converation with me. Staying inside my apartment seems like the right idea the more I think about it. I can hear my PS2 calling out to me right now.

No comments: