Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Dying With Dignity

I have taken far too much time from posting on this blog. So much has changed from my last post that was so many months ago. I have since moved to a new city and worked at a software company and left that job. Now I am doing what I do best - being an unemployed schlub.

The media is once again sensationalizing everything that they can. The biggest news events are Terri Schiavo, Elizabeth Smart, and that girl who got shot up in the Mideast doing her duty in the Mideast, Jessica Lynch.

The Terri Schiavo case bothers me because they won't let this person die. Schiavo is in a vegetative state with spinal fluid where her cerebral cortex used to be. She has been in this state for 13 years and her parents are confident that she can come out of it. That would call for a miracle and everyone knows that outside of the bible they are in short supply. The courts decided that her feeding tube would be removed and almost a week after pulling the tube out so she could die as she wanted, the governor was granted the power to order the tube reinserted. According to Michael Schiavo's attorney, this has probably damaged her internal organs and prolonged her suffering. I say let her die.

No comments: